Tuesday, January 13, 2009

STiCK-uP KiDD`s "The LiFe Of A STiCK uP KiD VoL. 1"

Back in December I posted a lil` something on Tha Smugglaz` Benny Blacc, well today I`ve got a street album/ mixtape from the remaining half of Tha Smugglaz duo, Stick-Up Kidd. Some folkS out there may not be familiar with Sticky so I`ll do my best to give ya a lil` run down. Reppin` Jane & Finch just like his partner in rhyme Benny Blacc, Sticky flips them 'Reality Raps' with a hardened but emotional flow. He doesn`t take this Rap ish for a joke either, after being shot a total of 15 times (now that`s some fuckin` Robocop ish) he`s more focused on leaving his mark in the game & that`s one of honor...

Most katZ now~a~dayS would`ve used the shootings to inflate their street cred`s ego, but Sticky chooses not to. When he does speak on what happened he`s more reluctant than anything else, just peep what he said in a cover story for the newspaper The Toronto Sun. "It was like years ago, five, six years ago, November 11, 1998. I got shot four times." He pauses. "Then, the year after that, November 11 1999, I got shot 11 times." And that's all he says about it. Ask him if he knows who shot him, or why, and you'll get a flat 'No!!!' "It just made me take this rapping more seriously," Stick Up says. "I could've been gone two times but I'm still here, you know? God has me here for a reason. I think it's to do this rap music." So just do yourself a favor & peep this man`s music! If you DiGG some grimy ish with an emotional twist you won`t be disappointed...

















Here`s a video for a track that`s not on this joint, Stick-Up Kidd`s "To The Top"...




http://www.myspace.com/thestickupkidd








N`JoY...

No comments: