Monday, January 30, 2012

RoYCe Da 5`9"s "I`m The KiNG [12 iNCH]"...

 Re-uPP`d, originally posted 10.07.2011...




Was doin` some more DiGG`n thru my music collection & decided to dust this Royce Da 5`9" 12 inch off. Still remember when I first heard this joint...they played both tracks on the Monday Night Manifesto college radio show back in the day. It was the first time that I had heard anything from Royce, gotta say that I was impressed -- still am all these years later. Both sides are BaNGeRs (my opinion of course) produced by The Alchemist, DJ EV provides the scratches on "I`m The King". My favorite track of the 2 is "Take His Life" featuring Fugue The Wiseguy, I have no clue who Fugue is so if someone out there could school by all means do so please:) The reason I DiG it a lil` more is simple really, it`s the more grimier track of the two. So go `head & check it out you`ll be glad ya did, trust me...



Label: Game Recordings
Released: 1999



A1. I`m The King [Radio]
A2. I`m The King [Street]
A3. I`m The King [Instr.]
B1. Take His Life [Radio] {ft. Fugue The Wiseguy}
B2. Take His Life [Street] {ft. Fugue The Wiseguy}
B3. Take His Life [Instr.]











N`JoY...

1 comment:

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

Royce did a lil` breakdown of his 25 most essential songs with Complex, here`s what he said about this joint...

Royce Da 5’9”: “That one’s from a long time ago. That might be the first joint me and Alchemist did together. I did that way back in the day when I didn’t even know how to write records. I was still unsigned when I did that song. I don’t even remember too much of that process. All I can say is I wrote it and laid it down and I think I was doing it for a piece of vinyl that Game Records was trying to do.

“I remember saying ‘Signed with hype’ on there. First I said, ‘I’m unsigned hype,’ because I was about to be in the ‘Unsigned Hype’ column in The Source. But I got my deal before that could come out, so they didn’t put that out. I had to change the line to, ‘Now I’m signed with hype.’ I had called myself unsigned hype and I was signed to a deal literally a week later before anything could come out.”




Source: http://www.complex.com/music/2011/06/royce-da-59-25-essentials/im-the-king#gallery



N`JoY...