Sunday, February 12, 2012

ZaGG`s "HeLL iN AuGuST"...

Re-uPP`d, originally posted up on 7.7.2011...




  •  I know -- I know, I`ve been slackin` with the posts lately.....LoL, just got caught up in Life, but don`t worry I`m back for those that have missed the posts....LoL, Got a lil` something that may be unknown to a few folks out there. At least this album & artist was to me until I found the album up in a pawn shop with a few other joints that I scooped up a few weeks back. When I first seen the album cover I thought to myself, "Zagg.....hmmm, she should`ve went by the name Zig Zag instead that would`ve been DoPe..." Turns out after doin` a lil` research into who she was, her rappin` alias is actually Zigg Zagg, guess she switched it up after thinkin` just the same way I did....LoL...

    Anyway for those that don`t know about Zigg Zagg a.k.a. Zagg let me hit ya with a lil` info`. She`s reppin` Sacramento, California & first stepped on the Rap scene at the age of 16 after Brotha Lynch Hung walked into the local Buger King that she was working at at the time for some food. Shortly after the two developed a friendship (later on a relationship & marriage) which led to her debut on Brotha Lynch Hung`s 1995 album "Season Of Da Siccness" on the track "Locc 2 Da Brain"...

    Working alongside her boyfriend/ husband Zigg Zagg picked up a lot of her knowledge of the business side of things & on top of that she was building her skills on the mic. Thru~out the years she`s toured with Brotha Lynch Hung & has been featured on numerous Siccmade/ Madesicc Muzicc projects. She`s also worked with such artists as MC Eiht, X Raided, Marvaless, Suga-T, MC Breed, Snoop Dogg, Frank Nitty & Celly Cell to name a few...

    As for the her debut "Hell In August", it`s a decent listen. There`s really only two things that I didn`t like about the album. The first one is the fact that I found a lot of the beats had a tendency to drown out Zigg Zagg`s vocals. The second is the lack of subject matter, just a lil` too much murder~murder ish for my liking. The best track on the album is definitely the collabo` with Brotha Lynch Hung titled "The Argument". It`s just what the title suggests, Zagg & Hung going back & forth with each other -- domestic dispute style. Lyrically Zagg does her thang & the beats thump hard. So go `head & give the album a listen, feel free to leave some thoughts...

     

Label: Siccmade Records
Released: 2000



1. Beware Deadly {ft. Dubb Sak}
2. Hell In Auguzt {ft. Marvaless}
3. Manipulate
4. Murda Train {ft. Alexus}
5. Nightbreed
6. Catch You When It`s Hott {ft. Jazzy}
7. Broad Daylight {ft. Loki}
8. The Argument {ft. Brotha Lynch Hung}
9. No Body, No Caze {ft. C.O.S.}
10. Top Secret {ft. Jazzy}
11. Contagious {ft. Alexus} 














N`JoY...

No comments: