Saturday, May 04, 2013

E-A-SKi`s "BLaST iF I HaVe To EP"...

Re-uPP`d originally posted 01.12.2011...





Today I have some more E-A-Ski for y`all listening pleasure. Sure it`s just a short lil` EP, but it`s pretty DoPe none~the~less. The production was of course handled by both E-A Ski & CMT. Out of the 7 tracks on here there`s actually only 4 songs, the remaining tracks are skits & interludes. The first track "Blast If I Have To" was also featured on the soundtrack to Ice Cube`s CLaSSiC 1995 film "Friday". What`s cool about this version though is that it has a lil` intro to it. In it these two kats plan on jackin` E-A-Ski for his Beamer ridin` on chrome, only thing is that Ski seen `em comin` & he turns the tables around on `em then the song starts...







The second track is a Radio version of "Blast If I Have To", what`s kind of DoPe is that it contains alternate lyrics so it`s not all censored out. I wish more artists would take this route for their Radio versions. The third track "The Interview" features radio vet` Billy Jam & it`s exactly just what it states, a quick 37 second interview. Ski`s pager goes off in the middle of it....LoL, Jam asks him where he`s from, 'East Side Oakland' is his response. Ski also let`s listeners know that he`s been doin` this Rap thang since 1983. The fourth track "When The Smoke Clears" is a nice G`d up joint backed by a thumpin` beat...



"West Coast Rebuttal" is more of an interlude. It`s a lil` funny to me, especially the lil` 'fuck ya` mama' intro to it....LoL, E-A-Ski`s on the "Fuck Ya` Mama Show" & the host asks him how he feels about the whole East Coast/ West Coast thing, he voices his opinion & rides for the West. "O.P.D." is a short skit, the cops pull over E-A-Ski (I`m guessin` it`s him) driving in a green BMW. The pigs are yellin` some racist ish while demanding him to get on the ground, then the skit ends. The final track "Same Ole Nigga" has E-A-Ski speakin` about the jealous haters & doubters...

My boy DiRTy KooL AiD hooked me up with this one so I need to thank him, however I found that the volume of all the tracks was just way too low so I had to adjust the volume on `em. Go `head & check it out, let me know if there`s any problems with the sound...




E-A-Ski - Blast If I Have To EP
Label: Priority Records
Released: 1995



1. Blast If I Have To [Street]
2. Blast If I Have To [Radio]
3. The Interview {ft. Billy Jam}
4. When The Smoke Clears
5. West Coast Rebuttal
6. O.P.D. [Skit]
7. Same Ole Nigga






No comments: