Thursday, July 04, 2013

"Wu: The SToRy Of The Wu-TaNG CLaN"...

What`s happenin` y`all? I hope that all my American visitors are set to have a great Independence Day, this`ll be the first one that I`m celebrating as a Camerican (Canadian livin` in America :). Anyways I figured that I would share with y`all a documentary that I had originally uploaded while I was still living in Canada back in 2012. The documentary that I`m referring to is titled "Wu: The Story Of The Wu-Tang Clan" & it was released back in 2008. It was directed by Gerald Barclay, what`s interesting to note is that he actually grew up with some of the Wu-Tang Clan members & also worked with the Clan early on in their career directing music videos ("Protect Ya` Neck" for example) so that makes this doc` a lil` more interesting because he takes the viewers on more of a behind the scenes type trip...


Gerald takes the viewers on a brief tour of Shaolin a.k.a. Staten Island to show  us the birth place of the Clan & also covers the classic martial arts flicks that helped inspire the Wu`s ideology. You learn that Wu-Tang actually stands for 'Wise Universal Truth Allah Now God' & that they were originally founded back in 1991 with members; RZA, GZA, Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Masta Killa, Raekwon the Chef, RZA, Inspectah Deck, U-God & the late great (& so very missed in Hip Hop) Ol` Dirty Bastard. Speaking with DJ`s, friends, business associates & even A&R Bon Malone the director documents the Wu-Tang Clan`s rise, fall & rebirth...


I want y`all to actually enjoy the documentary without any spoilers so I won`t give away any more because this joint`s definitely worth watching! So check it out, trust me you`ll be glad that ya did...




Released: 2008
Run Time: Approx. 79 mins












R.i.P. OL` DiRTy BaSTaRD...



No comments: