Tuesday, November 12, 2013

AZ`s "HeY AZ [PRoMo 12 iNCH]"...

It`s been a while since I posted up a 12 inch single so I figured I`d hit y`all with something from AZ seeing as how I posted up that "L.O.D.B" Mixtape back in October. Gotta BiG uP the homie Dirt Dog for hookin` me up with this lil` promo 12 inch, much appreciated dogg!!!




Now let`s get to the music shall we? First off this is the "Hey AZ" Promo 12 Inch that was released back in 1997. It was actually set to be the lead single off AZ`s second album "Pieces Of A Man" which dropped in 1998, but for whatever reason once the album was released this track wasn`t even featured on it at all. I`m not sure why exactly, maybe the label was disappointed in the initial response that the single received. Only the label & AZ himself know for sure....oh & well maybe Tone & Poke a.k.a. the Trackmasters, after all they did produce the single...




 Some of y`all may recognize the beat that the Trackmasters used for this joint, that`s because they sampled the World`s Famous Supreme Team`s "Hey DJ". R&B fans may also recognize the tune as well seeing as how Mariah Carey`s joint "Honey" used it as well. While I`m talkin` about R&B, the female trio Sisters With Voices a.k.a. SWV are featured on "Hey AZ" -- they`re signing the hook wonderfully. You get 5 tracks on this 12 inch & obviously I`m DiGG`n the Dirty Version the most out of the 3 versions of this track...


The only difference that I could hear between the Clean Version & the Alternative Clean Version was that the Alternative was a lil` bit longer of a track, aside from that they sounded pretty much the same to me. The one thing that I have to complain about on this 12 Inch is that the Acapella is the edited version! I`ve always hated when they choose to give you the censored Acapella because to me that just isn`t the true version of the track, but this is only my opinion of course. Anyway go `head & peep the single out for ya`self...






Label: EMI Records
Released: 1997


1. Hey AZ [Clean Version] {ft. SWV}
2. Hey AZ [Instr.]
3. Hey AZ [Dirty] {ft. SWV}
4. Hey AZ [Alternate Clean Version] {ft. SWV}
5. Hey AZ [Clean Acapella] {ft. SWV}





















N`JoY...

No comments: