Wednesday, May 27, 2015

TueSDaY TaPe RiP...iNDo G & LiL` BLuNT`s "BLaMe iT On The FuNK [CaSSeTTe SiNGLe]"...

What`s happenin` y`all? I figured that I`d try something new with the blog & hopefully I can keep it going. The idea that I had was to rip some random cassettes from out of my collection & share `em with y`all every Tuesday, hence the "Tuesday Tape Rip" title of this post. Now I don`t have an endless supply of tapes since I lost most of `em however I do have a box or 2. Some rips may come from a few of my homies others from folks that just hooked me up with `em, credit will be given to those that hooked me up with `em. Anyway, if this is something that you`d like to see feel free to drop some feedback/comments & let me know...





So for the first entry in this Tuesday Tape Rip series I reached into my box o` tapes & grabbed this cassette single by Indo G & Lil` Blunt titled "Blame It On The Funk", it was released thru Luke Records back in 1994. I`m gon` be transparent with y`all because I have really just started getting into Southern Hip Hop in the last 3-4 years so there`s plenty that I am still learning, so it shouldn`t be too much of a surprise that I don`t know much about these two kats -- aside from them reppin` Memphis, Tennessee. If any of y`all know more about `em, feel free to school me! Now "Blame It On The Funk" is a single from their 1995 released album titled "The Antidote" which also dropped on Luke Records. The song itself is a flip of The Jacksons` "Blame It On The Boogie" a Disco/Funk song that was released way back in 1978...


You get 4 tracks in total on the cassette single; "Blame It On The Funk" & its Instrumental on the A-side, then "We Got Da Weed" & "Where Dem Doggs At?" are on the B-side. All the tracks were produced by SMK, again forgive me but I`m not at all familiar with this kat either. He reps Tennessee as well & I`ve heard that he also raps, but other than that I got nothing else info` wise. Luther "Luke"Campbell of 2 Live Crew fame is listed as the executive producer of the single. I have to say that "Blame It On The Funk" is probably the better song on this cassette single, followed by "We Got Da Weed". Neither track is mind blowin`, but their beats are good enough to hold your attention. "Where Dem Doggs At?" sounds like it could have been the inspiration for the Baha Men`s "Who Let The Dogs Out?" released in 2000. It`s not a bad song, just not my cup of Rum...I mean tea...LoL, so there ya have it feel free to check it out for yourselves...






Label: Luke Records
Released: 1994


A1. Blame It On The Funk
A2. Blame It On The Funk [Instr.]
B1. We Got Da Weed
B2. Where Dem Doggs At?

















N`JoY...

No comments: