Friday, February 03, 2012

LL CooL J`s "FaTHeR [CD SiNGLe]"...

Re-uPP`d, originally posted on 01.11.2012...









The other day while gem searchin` I came across this single (far from a gem, but whatever....LoL) up in a pawn shop for a good ol` $1.50 so I decided to grab it since I didn`t have it in my collection yet & now I`m sharing it with y`all. It`s nothin` really super spectacular, what ya get is a deep emotional track ("Father") that`s from LL`s 1997 album "Phenomenon", it`s instrumental & then the single closes out with the "4, 3, 2, 1 [E-Dub Rmx]" (sadly it`s the Radio Edit) that features Method Man, Redman, DMX, Canibus & Master P...





Obviously the "4, 3, 2, 1 [E-Dub Rmx]" is the joint for me on this one, even if it is a Radio Edit. "Father" is a decent song, but in all honesty I always found it kind of funny that it was chosen for a single. There were other joints that were far more 'radio friendly' than "Father". I mean when you look at the content of the "Phenomenon" album you can see that at least 95% of it was geared towards the ladies, so who knows maybe LL wanted to go for somethin` different by selectin` this emotional track for a single. Either way give the single a listen, enjoy...




Label: Def Jam
Released: 1997



1. Father [LP Version]
2. Father [Instr.]
3. 4, 3, 2, 1 [E-Dub Rmx 6 - Radio Edit] {ft. Method Man, Redman, DMX, Canibus & Master P}













N`JoY...

No comments: