Sunday, June 03, 2007

HoT, CooL & ViSCiouS...

Salt-N-Pepa - Hot, Cool & Viscious
Label: Next Plateau
Released: 1986



1. Push It [Rmx] (4:26)
2. Beauty & The Beat (4:39)
3. Tramp (3:30)
4. I`ll Take Your Man (5:04)
5. It`s All Right (4:11)
6. Chick On The Side [Rmx] (4:54)
7. I Desire (3:56)
8. The Showstopper (5:01)
9. My Mike Sounds Nice (4:06)
This joint right here is one of the first albums that Salt-N-Pepa released back in `86, recorded by the original Salt-N-Pepa line up; Cheryl "Salt" James, Sandy "Pepa" Denton & Latoya "Spinderella" Hanson who was replaced later on by Deidre "Spinderella" Roper. Produced & written by Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor "Hot, Cool & Vicious" gave Salt-N-Pepa the first female rapper Grammy nomination. It also contained "Push It", one of the first Rap songs to hit #1 on the Dance Singles Charts. Other stand out jointS include "My Mic Sounds Nice", "I`ll Take Your Man", "Tramp" (a lil` ode to that Soul CLaSSiC by Otis & Carla), but my my fav` track would have to be "The Show Stopper", a DiSS/answer back record to Doug E. Fresh`s "The Show"...

No comments: