Friday, February 04, 2011

SPiCe-1`s "LeT iT Be KNoWn EP"...

Click here for the "In My Neighborhood" video


This isn`t really a new post more of a re~up, either way it`s some rare Spice-1 for y`all listening pleasure. He dropped this EP sometime in 1991 on Triad Records just before his 1992 self~titled album with Jive Records. I`d consider it somewhat of a demo, that`s probably why you`re really only getting 2 tracks ("Ghetto Thang" & "Let It Be Known") that aren`t on his "Spice-1" album...

The funky beats are produced by crazy slept~on Bay Area producer Ant Banks. Always felt that Banks` beats really complimented Spice`s style, guess that`s why I DiG Spice-1`s earlier work a lot more than the ish he`s puttin` out now. Anyways, "Ghetto Thang" has Spice droppin` "the DoPe shit" over the backdrop provided by Ant Banks` beat while Shorty B rocks the Guitar. Now "Let It Be Known" is pure braggin` rhymes & tough talkin` over a nice P~FuNK soundin` track. Check it out, definitely worth a listen. This folder contains the original rip from my boy LiNT`d PoCKeTs & also the mp3`s that I converted, any issues let me know...








Released:1991
Label:Triad Records



A1. Ghetto Thang (4:23)
A2. Let It Be Known (3:45)
A3. 187 Proof (Part 1) (2:48)
A4. 1-900-S.P.I.C.E. (1:35)
B1. In My Neighborhood (3:45)
B2. Break Yourself {ft. MC Ant} (4:09)
B3. City Streets (4:55)




















N`JoY...

No comments: