Sunday, January 22, 2012

SCaRFaCe`s "HoMieS & THuGGs" [PRoMo CD SiNGLe]...

Well I`ve decided to keep it movin`, fuck the feds!.....LoL


So after re-up`N a few of the previous posts I`m gon` continue on with another CD Single post for my 2 visitors....LoL, the only down~side about this single (for me anyways) is that it doesn`t include the non~edited versions of each track. Oh well, this joint was intended mainly for the radio DJ`s anyway....LoL, I really only picked this up for the instrumentals since I already have a copy of Scarface`s 1998 double~album "My Homies"...


On the production side of things both N.O. Joe & Mike Dean cooked up the LP Version, while Mr. Brad Jordan a.k.a. Scarface produced the Remix -- `Face shares the track with Master P & 2Pac on both versions as well. As for the 2Pac feature it`s actually a freestyle (`Pac even says it in his verse) that was at the time unreleased (I believe Scarface said he had it in his vault). The reason you can tell it`s a freestyle is simple, the beat`s completely different than the rest of the track as well as the vocals. I wouldn`t mind hearing the actual freestyle that was used for this track. If you check out the music video for "Homies & Thuggs" (watch it here, embedding was disabled) when it`s time for 2Pac`s verse they show the video footage of when he was spittin` his freestyle. I`m guessin` the footage was filmed during one of the times that 2Pac made his way out to Houston...


Overall both versions of "Homies & Thuggs" are decent tracks, but I`m DiGG`n the beat on the Remix much more than the LP Version. On this single all the cussin` has been masked or silenced (except for 2Pac`s verse which is edited in a real annoying way) which kind of sucks since they actually reworked the lyrics for the hook. It would`ve been much more enjoyable to listen to if they took a lil` more time to rework their verses. I realize that the 2Pac verse would have to remain as is, but `Face & P could`ve redid their ish. Oh well my homies & thug figures, this one`s for you enjoy...







Label: Rap-A-Lot Records/ Virgin
Released: 1998



1. Homies & Thuggs [Rmx Clean Version] {ft. Master P & 2Pac}
2. Homies & Thuggs [LP Clean Version] {ft. Master P & 2Pac}
3. Homies & Thuggs [Radio Edit Rmx Version] {ft. Master P & 2Pac}
4. Homies & Thuggs [Rmx Instr.]
5. Homies & Thuggs [LP Instr.]











R.i.P. 2PaC...

No comments: