Tuesday, April 09, 2013

CRiMiNaL NaTioN`s "ReLeaSe The PReSSuRe"...

What`s happenin` y`all? Hopefully the World`s treatin` ya right! Today what I have to share with ya is an album from the year 1990 by Criminal Nation titled "Release The Pressure". Found this at a thrift shop for a whole 75 cents so I figured why not grab it, never heard it what could the harm be? Now just who Criminal Nation is? I`m not 100% sure, but from what I gathered after listening to the album I think the group`s members consisted of; MC Deff, Spade, D-Rob, Bumpy, Clee-Bone, Eugenius & D-Wiz & they`re reppin` Seattle/Washington. Signed to Nastymix Records, a label affiliated with Sir Mix-A-Lot that was started in the mid 1980`s. Anyway this is Criminal Nation`s debut, there was a follow up album released in 1992 titled "Trouble In The Hood". Their debut has more of a Black Power/ MC vibe to it, "Criminal Hit" is by far the hardest track on their. MC Deff just sounds better when he`s cussin` & bustin` them G`d up rhymes.....LoL, this album is alright in my opinion, I mean for 75 cents I won`t complain. Go `head & give it a listen, if you can school me on Criminal Nation feel free to do so....











Criminal Nation - Release The Pressure
Label: Nastymix Records
Released: 1990



1. Positively Funky
2. Black Power Nation
3. The Right Crowd
4. Insane
5. I`m Rollin`
6. My Laboratory
7. Violent Sound
8. Release The Pressure
9. Definitely Down For Trouble
10. Criminal Hit
11. Mission Of Murder
12. Take No Prisoners
 
 
 



No comments: