Tuesday, April 21, 2015

FoXy BRoWn`s "Oh YeaH b/w B.K. AnTHeM [12 iNCH SiNGLe]"...


What`s happenin` y`all? Hope all is well in your Life. Today I figured that I`d post up a single since it`s been a while since I have shared any with y`all. So without any delay, let`s get to it shall we? This single is from one my favorite female emcees Foxy Brown, it was released back in 2001 by Def Jam. This single contains 2 songs; "Oh Yeah" & "B.K. Anthem" both joints from her 2001 released album titled "Broken Silence" (also one of my favorite Fox Boogie albums). There`s 6 tracks in total on this 12 inch single, each song includes the LP, Radio & Instrumental versions. Out of the 2 songs my favorite on here has got to be the Eddie Scoresazy produced "Oh Yeah" with the backing vocals of Spragga Benz. Don`t get me wrong the Robert "Shim" Kirkland produced "B.K. Anthem" isn`t too shabby either, but man you simply just can`t really compare it to "Oh Yeah". The war~like chant & the Reggae infused beat make for a great listen. While Foxy spits some pretty decent bars only to compliment the beat even more... 




I`m not sure why they censor out Diddy`s name in that one line; "Niggas say I`m too pretty to spit rhymes this gritty. Fuck y`all thought? Be dancin` around in suits like I`m (**Diddy**)"...I could be trippin` but I think the advance copy of "Broken Silence" doesn`t have it edited out (I`ll have to DiG it out of my collection to find out). I don`t see what the deal is anyway, it`s not like it`s a huge DiSS & besides everyone knows who`s implied in the line so why bother to censor it out? Other lines that I dig in that song are; "Bitches smile up in your face, turn around & pop shit. You a industry bitch, I`m a in~the~streets bitch"... as well as this one; "Listen, never trippin`, never catch Brown slippin`. Fuck, y`all only nice around mics like Pippen"...Alright now let`s move on to "B.K. Anthem" which isn`t a bad tune either, it was definitely made with them mixtapes in mind. Fox shows some love to her home turf of Brooklyn, the only thing that I don`t really like much is that she tries a lil` too hard with all the guns & drug references on this one, it`s just a lil` overbearing, but she still manages to keep it somewhat interesting...




So in a nut~shell this is a pretty solid single overall, definitely worth checking out. Like I mentioned before these songs are off of "Broken Silence" which in my opinion is one of Foxy`s best albums (if not the best). If you are a fan of Foxy Brown & haven`t heard this it`s definitely worth the listening time spent. Something to note, the cover art that I`ve included & added in with this post isn`t the original cover for this release. I couldn`t find a decent quality pic so I just used the cover art from the UK 12 inch release instead. Besides this picture of Foxy is waaaaaay better than the boring & plain text cover that was used as the original on this release. So there ya have it, check it out & enjoy...









Label: Def Jam
Released: 2001



1. Oh Yeah [Radio Edit] {ft. Spragga Benz}
2. Oh Yeah [LP Version] {ft. Spragga Benz}
3. Oh Yeah [Instr.]
4. B.K. Anthem [Radio Edit]
5. B.K. Anthem [LP Version]
6. B.K. Anthem [Instr.]
















N`JoY...

No comments: