Saturday, November 23, 2019

CaZ`s "THuNDaDoMe"...




This post right here was inspired by some good ol` YouTube surfin` that I did a few weeks ago. I was searching for some 2Pac related stuff & came across this video with this one kat talking about having in his possession some 2Pac masters, so naturally it sparked my interest (it starts at about the 3 minute mark in the clip below)...





Up until seeing that clip I had never seen or heard about this Caz kat, but y`all know how YouTube works...showing you related videos to the one you`ve just watched, so eventually it showed some other ones that included Caz. Eventually after watching a few others I had this conflicting view on things because on one side the dude`s talking about; being a banger, a dope dealer, how he did some time, having a mother who was a prostitute, growing up rough, etc.





Then on the other side there`s this;







So needless to say I`m not going to spend a lot of time typing out about this kat, he`s entertaining I`ll say that much, besides I`m feeling a lil` on the lazy side today so you can just chalk it up to that. Peep the videos & you`ll see for ya`self what I mean by saying that he`s entertaining. Anyway, a few weeks after watching those interviews & stuff about Caz I went to this garage sale & bought a box of CDs for $20. It was a great deal y`all, this box was mad full & had mostly Hip Hop in it from what I could tell. There`s probably 80-90 albums in there, so I didn`t take `em all out to look at until I got home. That`s when I pulled out this one CD...Caz`s CD "Thundadome"......Ha! Maaaaan, I tell y`all up until seeing those YouTube clips I had no idea who this Caz kat was. It`s just kind of funny to me that I would end up finding his album by accident shortly after watching some YouTube even though the album was released 19 years ago. I really wish these weird lil` coincidences in my Life would just involve me comin` up on some extra ca$h instead, God loves to entertain Himself I guess......LoL, anyway let`s get to the album shall we? I know you`re hyped so let`s get it in...


This joint was released by Glasshouse Records in 2000 & was executively produced by Caz himself. Production~wise the tracks were handled by the likes of; Super Sako ("Chedda" & "Ride Wit` Me" but Tim Feehan also helped produce the latter track), Battlecat ("Flossin`"), Damizza ("Big Caz"), Rich "E" Blaze ("Thundadome", "Headknockas", "Lool Out", "Nobody Luvs U", "Money", "Bring It", "U A Thug" & "All Nite"), Platinum Brothers ("Pop Pop"), Rod Norman ("Talkin` Loud" & "Take Me Home") & Caz himself ("Intro", "Chedda", "My City" & "Talkin` Loud"). The album itself seems to be more of a compilation of Industry connects/collabo`s than an actual solo album since there`s only 3 tracks that don`t have any features, but this isn`t a bad thing though. In all honesty I`m not sure that I could listen to a whole album of just Caz alone. His style of rappin` is only slightly tolerable in short bursts, my opinion of course, so the guests featured thru~out the album are definitely appreciated. I say this because Caz has a tendency to 'yell~talk'...he isn`t rapping & even says, "I think I just talk on these songs" on "Big Caz" so I ain`t hatin` just being honest...


The album itself isn`t all bad, there are some decent tunes on here so it`s worth at least one listen. Personally I can`t get into any of the songs where Caz is on that playa/mack shit or the songs he`s got for the ladies, it just comes off as corny to me especially when homie portrays himself as more of a hardcore street kat. Alright, alright I`ll lighten up & get to the better aspects of this album. The songs worth a mention are; "Headknockas" featuring Layzie Bone & a few other uncredited kats, "Pop-Pop" featuring Jayo Felony, "Look Out" featuring Onyx`s Sticky Fingaz & Rappin` 4-Tay (even tho Sticky recycles his verse from "Money Talks" off his "Black Trash" album), "U A Thug" featuring Layzie Bone, Ice-T & MFS, "Chedda" featuring Krayzie Bone & LV, "Flossin`" featuring Battle Cat, "Talkin` Loud" featuring Bad Azz (R.I.P.) & "Ride Wit` Me" featuring Kurupt. I think "Chedda" is probably the best song on the album overall. Without any of the features I don`t think too many folks would be checkin` out this album because Caz couldn`t carry it by himself. He probably realized this, that`s why he filled it up with all the guests. So there y`all have it, it`s not a terrible listen but the album`s far from great. Check it out for ya`selves, it`s worth at least one play~thru...












Label: Glasshouse Records
Released: 2000



1. Intro
2. Thundadome
3. Headknockas {ft. Layzie Bone}
4. Pop Pop {ft. Jayo Felony}
5. Look Out {ft. Sticky Fingaz & Rappin` 4-Tay}
6. Nobody Luvs You {ft. C-Bo}
7. Big Caz {ft. Shade Sheist}
8. Money {ft. O & Gold}
9. Bring It {ft. MFS}
10. U A Thug {ft. Layzie Bone, Ice-T & MFS}
11. All Nite {ft. Baby S}
12. Chedda {ft. Krayzie Bone & LV}
13. Flossin` {ft. Battle Cat}
14. My City
15. Talkin` Loud {ft. Bad Azz}
16. Ride Wit` Me {ft. Kurupt}
17. Take Me Home











R.i.P. BaD Azz...

No comments: