Monday, August 05, 2024

OLD SCHooL HiP-HoP VoL. 6 [12 iNCH]...

What`s good? What`s happenin`?? What`s lovely y`all??? Hope all is well with you & your loved ones, the world keeps gettin` crazier & crazier out there! It`s been a minute since I`ve posted up something for y`all so I figured that I dust off a good ol` bootleg 12 inch. I can`t even front, I really like bootlegs because there`s usually a gem or 2 that you end up gettin` to hear. Unfortunately tho there`s also some pretty bad bootlegs out there, so not every one of them is a treasure that`s worth your hard earned money, but I`ll always check `em out taking that risk. With that being said let`s get into this bootleg 12 inch release that was put out thru the label Old School Hip-Hop, very original indeed.😆From their output release~wise they`ve got about 8 volumes of bootlegs out there. This is the only 12 inch of the 8 that I`ve actually heard so I can`t really speak on the others yet, I`m sure that`ll change eventually tho...


 
Overall this isn`t that bad of a bootleg to grab, I mean you can`t go wrong with Biggie`s "Dreams" & getting the instrumental is a pretty DoPe bonus! Chubb Rock`s "Treat `Em Right" is another great song, my opinion of course. The last 3 tunes on the B-side will definitely make it hard for you to get the Chubbster`s song out of your head tho since they contain samples of the beat within them. The only song that I wasn`t really diggin` all that much on here was the Rockers Revenge`s "Walking On Sunshine [Rmx]". Not sure who did the remix, but I definitely prefer the original version over this remix. It just sounds lazily done to me, almost like whoever put it together just threw it over a looped sample. The "Yo-Yo-Yo" that`s repeated kind of drowns out the vocals on the song. Again this is just my opinion, someone else out there may very well love it. The Unknown Artist`s track on here is actually Funkmaster Flex`s "C`Mon Baby [Ghetto Mix]" it was definitely a staple in the clubs of NYC in the 90`s. Funkmaster Flex`s Jazzy Mix of "C`Mon Baby" closes things out, it`s pretty good but I still like the previous track more. Check this record out if you get the chance, it`s not a bad listen at all...

 

 

 

 

 


 

Label: Old School Hip-Hop
Released: 199x



A1. Dreams {The Notorious B.I.G.}
A2. Dreams [Instr.]
A3. Treat `Em Right {Chubb Rock}
B1. Walking On Sunshine [Rmx] {Rockers Revenge}
B2. C`Mon Baby [Ghetto Mix] {Funkmaster Flex}
B3. C`Mon Baby [Jazzy Mix] {Funkmaster Flex}




















R.I.P. BiGGiE...

No comments: