Tuesday, May 03, 2011

QUeeN PeN`s "CoNVeRSaTioNs WiTH QUeeN"...

Re~uPP`d LiNK as of 07.11.2014...






What`s happening y`all? I hope all is well! Today I decided to dust off Queen Pen`s second album & re~up it for those that missed out on it when I first posted up links to it back in 2011. It`s been about 3 years, so I figured it`s the least that I could do for those of y`all that have been asking me for a new link. Don`t worry eventually I`ll get around to posting her debut album, but for now y`all will have to just relax & chill with this joint instead.....LoL


"Conversations With Queen" was released back in 2001 thru Motown Records & was the follow up to her 1997 debut titled "My Melody". Now it may not have been as successful sales~wise, but it`s a decent album overall. Sure it doesn`t have hit singles like her debut album had, but that probably has a lot to do with the lack of promo that the album received which in turn ensured that plenty of folks over~looked "Conversations With Queen". She did manage to put out a music video for "I Got Cha" which features her homie Teddy Riley of Blackstreet fame. The track is said to take subliminal shots at Foxy Brown since Fox Boogie had been taking some subliminal shots of her own at QP on joints like "10% Dis" & "Talk To Me"...






The album had 2 singles which were "I Got Cha" & "Ghetto Divorce". "True" was also released as a single, but it was released 3 years before Queen Pen`s "Conversations With Queen" album in 1998. "True" is actually the remix of "It`s True", a track from her debut album "My Melody". On the production side of things you have DR Period supplying 4 tracks, Teddy Riley, Tyrone Fyffe & The Marley Boyz all supply 2 tracks each, while Daddy-O supplies 1 joint as does Chop D.I.E.S.E.L. & Cochise. They all bring a pretty well rounded sonic soundscape for the listener`s enjoyment...







I`ve always been a fan of Queen Pen`s, ever since I heard her spittin` on that Blackstreet & Dr. Dre collabo` "No Diggity". She`s got skills on the mic & her vocal tone has some sexiness to it as well as the right amount of roughness. Overall I`d say that I`m actually DiGG`n this album more than her debut "My Melody". The reason for me saying this is because this album isn`t over~populated with party~vibed tracks like her first one was. Don`t get me wrong she can definitely rock them party joints, but it`s just more refreshing to hear QP spit the deep emotional ish that can tug at your heart & touch ya` soul because that`s when she truly shines. Just check out "Revolution", "For You" (which features an uncredited Mr. Cheeks appearance) & "Baby Daddy" for examples of that. Don`t get it twisted now, she`s far from Lauryn Hill on the mic but she can drop some jewels from time to time...


The only song that I really couldn`t get into was "Cold Cold World". The reason being, I found that QP was trying just a lil` too hard to sound, well.....hard....LoL, or mad gangsta`D up! Either way I just couldn`t buy into it. Another thing that I felt took away from the album was the 3 skits that were just sexual in context & could`ve just been left off the album altogether. Standout joints for me are; "I Reps", "QP Walks", "I Got Cha", "Revolution", "For You", "What Y`all Wanna Hear?" & even the bonus track "Who`s The...?" I think that the bonus track features an uncredited appearance from everybody`s favorite emcee Benzino....LoL, surprisingly the collabo` comes off pretty nice. This album isn`t groundbreaking by any means, but it still makes for a decent listen. I`m sure that it`s been passed over by many folks so go `head & check it out...





Label: Motown Records
Released: 2001




1. Warn U {ft. Kory Ward} [Prod. by DR Period]
2. Pussy Ain`t For Free [Prod. by Tyrone Fyffe]
3. I Reps {ft. DJ Clue, Cam`Ron & Prodigy} [Prod. by DR Period]
4. QP/ Cam`ron Question [Skit]
5. QP Walks [Prod. by Daddy-O]
6. Ghetto Divorce {ft. Miss Jones} [Prod. by Cochise]
7. QP/ Miss Jones Question [Skit]
8. I Got Cha {ft. Teddy Riley} [Prod. by Teddy Riley & Tyrone Fyffe]
9. Revolution {ft. Stephen Marley} [Prod. by The Marley Boyz]
10. For You {ft. Mr. Cheeks} [Prod. by The Marley Boyz]
11. Baby Daddy [Prod. by DR Period]
12. QP/ 563 Question [Skit]
13. Cold Cold World [Prod. by DR Period]
14. True {ft. Chico DeBarge} [Prod. by Teddy Riley]
15. What Y`all Wanna Hear? {ft. Amil} [Prod. by Chop D.I.E.S.E.L.]
16. Who`s The?... [Bonus Track]









If you`re curious as to what Queen Pen has been up to lately, she has been writing novels. In 2002 she released "Situations: A Book Of Short Stories" & then she put out another novel in 2007 titled "Blossom: A Novel". She also wrote a follow up to "Blossom" titled "Crossroads". She also helps manage & mentor her son`s (Nefu Da Don) rap career as well...

Here`s a lil` freestyle cypha QP was a part of along with Lady Luck & Rah Digga to name a few, you can tell she`s not really one to freestyle...




Foxy Brown squashes beef with Queen Pen...




















N`JoY...

No comments: