Wednesday, April 23, 2014

811 & Ph.D.`s "ONe SHoT ONe KiLL"...


What`s happenin` y`all? Hope all is well with you & your loved ones! Today`s going to be a quick post unfortunately, but whatever. I`m going to share with y`all an album that was released back in 1996 on Bird Mine Records produced by Ernie G & Romeo Rondeau for the duo 811 & Ph.D. titled "One Shot One Kill". Both 811 & Ph.D. are reppin` Fort Worth, Texas & this here is their debut album. They did also reconnect again in 2006 to record & release their second album titled "Line Of Site". I was fortunate enough to come across this CD in a pawn shop, but it didn`t have an album cover or anything. It was just in a slim jewel case, kind of wish that it was in it`s original case with the linear notes & all because it`s apparently going for roughly $50-60 online, guess it`s somewhat of a rarity or something...


Anyways I don`t have a whole lot of time to give ya the track by track breakdown of the album, but I`ll give you my thoughts on it. Honestly these kats are not the DoPeST rappers to ever spit into a mic, but they do have their moments. The production on the album ranges from so~so to some bangers. Overall the album makes for a decent listen, not a whole lot of originality to it but it`s not too bad of an album. Standout joints for me are; "I`m Down", "Peepin` Tha Game", "My Demize", "Ain`t Nothin` Changed" & "Buck `Em Down". I don`t know why the album is going for what it is online, but I am sure glad that I only paid $3 for it....LoL, anyway go on & peep it if you`re curious...









811 & Ph.D. - One Shot One Kill
Label: Bird Mine Records
Released: 1996



1. Intro
2. Jus` Like Dat
3. Instinct
4. Can You Hear Me?
5. I`m Down
6. The Key
7. Peepin` Tha Game
8. Thank God
9. One Shot, One Kill
10. Distant Lover
11. Cyco-Patch
12. My Demize
13. Ain`t Nothin` Changed
14. Buck `Em Down
15. Shot Outs
16. Outro







N`JoY...

No comments: